One of the things that I’ll be doing in 2013 is starting to so some social media and church planting coaching. This will be my first foray into this world and, despite my dislike of the word “coaching,” – and I am totally open to different names – I am being more and more drawn to the idea of walking along side off folks who are striving change the world. No pressure
Plus, I am getting up there in age and figure that God didn’t let me live past 43 years only to have me keep all the wonderfully chaotic ministry experience to myself. As I begin to think about the possibilities, I am really open, so as I do, I am opening up my thinking process to you all.
My initial inclination is to not take on too many folks at the beginning - not more than 4-6 meetings a month – and see how it goes, but before I do, I want to be sure provide direction and structures that are actually needed/wanted. So, for those of you who ARE coaches or have used a coach in the past, let me know what you think about any or all of the following questions:
- Group versus Individual coaching?
- What kind of meeting time would be most helpful: monthly, weekly, face to face, online, etc.?
- For what and how much would you be willing to pay a coach?
- What kinds of things would you hope to gain from the coaching time: theoretical, practical, etc.?
- What communication mediums would be best to use?
- Month-to-month versus longer-term meeting agreements?
- Other advice or issues to keep in mind?
After I get some feedback and do a little more research, should this seems like a good idea, I’ll announce something in early 2013. Until then, feel free to leave a comment or contact me via any of my social media addresses (See right sidebar).